Thursday, May 3, 2007

Smile! We're on an early morning talk show...

A sense of humor!
I like to bounce off folks like Ian and Margery Punnett on their morning talk show (FM 107.1) when I get to chuckling over something.
So I sent my column in the night before.
The next morning they apparently tried to contact me via e-mail, but I was still in bed.
So then they used this tactic - I woke up a little after 5 a.m. to hear on the radio next to my bed: "Rosie, call in to the station..."
That'll catch your attention!
(Like, who's here in my bedroom?)
Oh, it's on the radio!
Well, here are my thoughts given on their show... followed by my full column in my previous "blog".
Enjoy!

Snail mail - not e-mail
for internet promoter, Bill Gates?

When trying to e-mail Bill Gates... who is a symbol of internet technology and computers... I found he doesn't have an e-mail address!
His website said to send a letter via the U.S. Postal Service!
*
Then I found that President Bush doesn't have one either! (The official White House website)
Although Vice President Cheney does!
This could be scary!

Where is the President?
Why do we have to e-mail such a nondescript address as: comments@whitehouse.gov to get a response: "on behalf of the president..."?
Who is this "comments"?
*
Then I checked the Queen of England... and she has an e-mail address!

God Bless the Queen!