Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Orphaned Kitten tries Skiing!

The orphaned kitten secretly followed me as I cross country skied along the snowy trails outside our home. But then he meowed and yowled until I finally stopped and let him catch up.
He wanted to be picked up. And then he scrambled up onto my shoulders and grabbed on!
He wanted to ski! (Thank goodness for thick snomobile suits!)

The little fellow snuggled down with his face on my right shoulder, part of his body behind my neck and his tail coming around to balance on my left shoulder.
This is OK except he keeps curling his tail in front of my face - almost making a mustache. ( I was tempted to bite it... probably not a good idea! Yechhh!) And I end up breathing in fur.

But, off we go.

Across the snowy ground we glide. Smooth and graceful.

While flying down a small hill, I looked out of the side of my eye to see his furry little face. He was staring intently ahead... the wind blowing back his whiskers.

This is "somewhat" comfortable while moving across flat land trails... but I make him walk when I'm climbing a hill!

It’s encouraging to know that in some places in this world, you can still find a peaceful trail to wander and a kitten who wants to go skiing!