Friday, January 12, 2007

Do you see what I see?






Always the heart of a lion…
(even in a small body)…

Fearlessly stalking its prey…
(sneakily anyway)

A giant snake…
(of melting snow)

Slithering down the branch.
(OK, it’s the front railing.)

The hunter stealthily made his way
through the jungle

(of skis and snow shovels left by the front door)

Ever onward to the kill!
(Or maybe just a cold wet nose?)


It wasn’t until I put my pictures in my computer that I saw what our barn cat had done. I love my digital camera, but there is a delay from the moment I press the button and when the picture is taken. And that’s why this picture was such a surprise.

I had been fascinated with the sliding “snake” of snow hanging on our front railing and not paying attention to Sparkle, the cat.
Later, after viewing the picture on my computer I was surprised how this little feline had lined up so nicely with the sliding snow "snake". I realized it would have been better if I had put some raisins or black stones on the “snow snake’s” head to make it easier to identify.

The thought of re-creating this scene with my independent barn cat was not a good probability (read that as impossible) and also the snow was melting.

So I admit that I added a couple of “eyes” with my photo program. But that’s all.

At the least this could surely be a sign of Spring up here in the Northland. On the other hand… it’s Minnesota! I’ll keep the snow shovels near by!
***
Share your view with Rosie at spiritsonghorses@yahoo.com