Thursday, September 27, 2018

After the tornado...



                              You never know...
         At a meeting the night before the tornado hit the Cannon Falls area, I was discussing a situation with a friend.  He didn’t see my point of viewl.  No problem with this except I was feeling “squirrely” and couldn’t let the topic drop!  He had every right to his opinion, I told myself. But I still fussed.  
The next day I was home alone when the storm hit. Afterwards I went out to count animals but in the dark I couldn’t see all the damage until the next morning. 
Then I started sawing through branches and vines to get to the trunks of all the trees that were smothering my fence lines.  Hour after hour I kept on.
I was bushed.
All of a sudden I received a call that a group of adults and teenagers would come out if I needed help.
And later that day I looked up and saw that the first man to arrive was the very one I had been fussing with! 
That’s the best part of a small town!
 ***
Share your notes of thanks 
to the helpers you’ve seen working relentlessly 
during this devastation in next week’s 
Ripples column. 
  
Drop them off, call them in, email, 
use pigeons, etc.!  
Thanks so much!