Monday, March 12, 2018


 The "Ripples" Effect
 Whatever you call it... act of kindness... a day brightener… 
or finding “flecks of gold” sparkling in our lives.   
Share the good things you notice. 

When your days have been going bad…
Her sister was dying. Alzheimers had been affecting her and now death was near.  And so Carol was grieving over the situation.
Although she had been crying, she had to pick up a couple items at the local grocery store and in her defeated condition she went into the store.  She knew she looked sad… tears were ready to stream down her cheeks.  But she didn’t have the energy to change her expression.
She found it was easy to just pick up the items and she soon put them on the check-out counter.

All of a sudden the stranger ahead of her in line told the cashier, “I’m paying for hers.”
This startled her out of her mood!
She looked at the man ahead in line and realized she didn’t know him.
But she got up enough energy to start to argue with him.  But her mood broke into a smile when he kidded her that actually he had checked what she was buying first and since she didn’t have any steaks he figured he could pay for it!
But the result was that he not only paid for her items. You see, now she had a little light shining from her face.
And her road was just a little bit smoother, going home.

 Little things can be crummy… until you meet a friend. 
Thoughts from Rosie.

One of those crummy experiences - the thought of which strangles your mind and you fuss over it.  While I was “out and about” as they say around here - I met a friend who let me complain about it.
In a few minutes we went on our ways.  I felt better but it wasn’t until the next day that I met my friend again and apologized for complaining about something so trivial.
What I had realized in the meantime was that both she and I had gone through much worse things.  
And I figured that since we couldn’t keep on complaining about those - I had attached my thoughts to something much more insignificant  to captivate my emotions.  
And now I can’t even remember what it was!
But it’s a kind friend who realizes that whatever we’re upset about is probably not that important-  but they still allow you to get it out… and even forget about it!
Thank you Audrey.

(Some folks want to remain anonymous. Their stories are encouraging.)