Friday, June 19, 2020



A graduation speech not given….  
A pep talk not shared…. 
Advice only for myself!  
(Or if it works for you!)
   
What do you want?

Good news/bad news.  Which do you want first?  OK - I’ll choose for you.
1 The Bad News - the sadness and pain don’t stop hurting but they may ease a bit.
2 The Good News - they don’t have to stop hurting for you to see good things happen.
Here’s the plan…
Whether it’s physical pain or emotional, whether it’s rejection or failure…  it’s rough, but here’s a plan:
    • You don’t stop hurting… you just take one step and then another.
    • You don’t stop being scared… you just take one step and then another.
    • You don’t wait until you feel happy… you just take one step and then another.
    • You don’t stop loving… you just - well, you know the routine.
Figuring out a plan…
Whether someone leaves you… or you find your job is no longer there… or your health is challenged…  
You might do some difficult things.
Then one thing looks pretty easy.  But you can’t do it.
So you put it aside… for another day.
And then you can take that step… or decide to give yourself a break and avoid it for awhile.
But you’ve considered aspects of the problem… and that’s taking a step too I guess.
Consider…
This is not the life I would have chosen… but it’s still good.
Just consider all the different choices I would have made for my life.
What do you want to be 
when you grow up?
As a little girl I would have chosen to be a “princess”!
Or a cowgirl!  (Actually, being a cowboy looked a lot better.  The girls in those western movies seemed kind of “dorky”.)
Then I would have chosen to have 12 children!
(Two were just fine, thank you!)
Or I would have chosen to be a space ranger.
Then I wanted to be a journalist!
Then I wanted to be with a guy named Paul!
Got the picture?
Some of those life choices came true.
But none of them were for “ever”.
The challenge now is to enjoy the choices that are available.
They can be good.
***
So, instead of being a “princess”… 
maybe I’ll be a “queen” … 
when I grow up!