Saturday, January 20, 2018

Ripples of kindness... fallen tree...


Hand made and heart warmed…"
(The author did not want their name mentioned.)

“Oh what a wonderful surprise we received the other day.  A beautiful blanket made by the nice ladies of Wangen Prairie Church.
“Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!”
***
When you have to exercise…  (Rosie)
The large tree had fallen down over the fence in the horse pasture.  But it hadn’t clipped the hot wire so no horses were getting out.  Plus… I wasn’t sure which way it might “spring back” when I started sawing on it.
All excuses to avoid this project!
With all the rain we had had, I didn’t make it out for another couple of days.  When I did, I saw the tree was sinking into the ground and pretty soon would wipe out the whole fenceline.
Then I would not only have a fallen tree problem but a fence problem and a horse problem, etc.
 I finally started clipping the vines strangling it and using my old bow saw on the branches.  I had a few piles ready to haul off before I started on the trunk of the tree.  
I kept telling myself that this project was giving me good “upper body exercise”.  This idea helped on the smaller branches but I “eyed” the main trunk with dismay.  
All of a sudden I heard an ATV motor...  and I kept watch to see if it was coming down our road about a quarter mile away.  It was!
A neighbor was coming to get wood from his landlocked acreage next to ours.  As he disappeared down the trail into the woods, I jumped back into my old golf cart and drove over to position myself to block his way out!  
  Well, when he came out he took care of my fallen tree.
Now that was good timing... for me anyway!  Thanks neighbor!
***

Following are some of the “Ripples-type” stories found in the weekly publication of the Cannon Falls Police Department… “From the Beat”.  You can pick up a copy at the CFPD or get it online by emailing: cfpd@cannonfallsmn.gov 
Muscles!
Cannon Falls Police Officer David TerBeest discovered a truck stalled at an intersection.  Officer TerBeest physically pushed the truck out of the intersection (not using the patrol vehicle).  The driver was given a ride to a gas station where they would wait for a tow.

 Again…
  On December 22nd at 3:15pm, Cannon Falls Officer Dave TerBeest responded to suspicious activity.  A green vehicle was stalled on the south overpass over Hwy 52 between the roundabouts and appeared to be occupied.
The problem:  It had run out of gas on the County 24 bridge. They pushed the car off the bridge. A passerby then gave them gas. 
Good fishing spot?
Cannon Falls Police Officer Marc Fluhrer stopped a vehicle for an inoperable brake light.  As he spoke with the 48 year old male from Maplewood, MN he decided to give him a verbal warning for the offense.  And also provided him with directions to Lower Hannah’s Bend to find a good fishing spot!

Suspicious Activity
On December 21st at 10:10pm, Officer Christine Good observed a vehicle driving slowly and seeming to have no direction.  After observance, the car was stopped and the driver explained that he was driving his two kids around because they were playing “Pokémon Go”. 
:)