Friday, February 13, 2015

Maybe it really is "all about me"! And that's OK!


Maybe it really is "all about me"!
(And that’s OK!)

Lightbulb joke:
Do you know how many people like you that it      takes to screw in a lightbulb?
One.
You just hold the bulb in the socket and the world revolves around you!

I’ve been told that the world doesn’t really revolve around me.
Meaning that a person should care about others, not just themselves I suppose.
Thinking...
But I got to thinking the other day while doing chores around the farm, that maybe this isn’t true. 
For example, no one else can feel your pain like you do.   
How do you know what I’m feeling?
How intense the pain is.

          Wondering...

And then I started wondering,,, just how many people does it take to make me feel comfortable?  
I thought about all the people it takes to get electricity to my house so I can work on projects.
Or get propane to keep me warm.
Or keep roads clear so once I finally plow through my snowy country driveway and get to the public roads - I can navigate safely.
Or how many people it takes just to keep people from hurting each other for whatever belief they have at that time.
Or to help me if I get hurt.

In other words, just to keep me safe and comfortable in my present status means an awful lot of people have to do their jobs.

But...

On the other hand... when you think about it...  the nice part is that when all these folks do their jobs for me, it benefits you too!
So maybe it really is “all about us”!

Many years ago a man once said:  ... as you did it to one of the least of my brethren, you did it to me.  

So I’ve decided it’s OK that the world revolves around me. 
Because this means it’s also all about you!
We’re on this “ride” together.

It’s nice you’re here! 


.