Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Scary scenario - late at night.


Honest - I didn’t do 
     anything wrong!

My “friends” on Facebook are having a good time teasing me about my recent post.  I thought you’d get a chuckle too.

Here’s the background for the story...
Paul and I were coming back from Wisconsin late Sunday night.  It was my turn to drive so he pulled over to the side of Highway 52 a few miles north of Cannon Falls.

I got in behind the wheel and was fixing my seatbelt when I saw lights coming through my rear window.
That was kind of creepy.

I didn’t know who it was.
There weren’t many cars on the road.
I hadn’t been driving so I figured I hadn’t done anything wrong.   

Were they going to hijack us?
(I know - I can come up with a lot of scary scenarios at night!)

I just sat in the driver’s seat trying to figure out what to do - run or fight or just be confused?
I chose the last one - confusion - it comes naturally to me.

I’m not sure what the Dakota County deputy sheriff was thinking but a couple moments later she pulled up next to my window.
We both rolled them down to talk.

And here is what I posted on Facebook:
“If anyone saw my car pulled over to the side of Highway 52 late last night... with a deputy sheriff's car right behind me... don't worry!  Paul and I had decided to “change drivers” on our way home.  After I had gotten in the driver's side, a patrol car saw us. They pulled up along side and said they just wanted to know if we were OK! Then they pulled behind us so we would have more light when getting back on the road. That was thoughtful. Thanks Dakota County!”

But my “friends” on Facebook may not have “bought” my story!  Twila Simonson  wrote: “Good ‘story’ Rosie... but we’ll be checking the papers to confirm this is true!”
And Jackie Peterson said:  “Ohhhh... I gotta remember that one!” 

It sure is good to know you’ve got friends who trust you!
(Love you guys!)