Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More on bees!

7 p.m. Swarm of bees attack as I'm fixing fence in the far pasture. I was determined to get the line fixed so I kept pounding the nail on the insulator on the post even though bees were pestering me.

NOT A SMART IDEA!

Too many bees attacking as I ran for the motor cart and headed back home.
When I got to the house the inside of my ears were itching... then the bottom of my feet... then my back...
Then I had the chills and was shaking.
There wasn't a rash on the itching spots at first but they soon came - welts under the skin.
My upper lip was swelling and the roof of my mouth felt strange.
This got me concerned as I had been stung by a hornet earlier this summer and then a batch of angry ground bees had got me then too.
At 7:15 I took a Benadryl and it made me immediately dizzy and exhausted so I sat on the floor while Paul talked to the doctor.
7:45 - pain and swelling and chills.
8:00 - rash on arms - swelling of hands and arms almost to the elbows.
My right side of my face by my eye was pretty swollen.
It took a couple of days for it to start getting better.
I was so happy to see the bones in my hands again!
I stopped the Benadryl on about the third day although my face was still swollen.
But I thought the worst was over.
Oh yes, I drank quite a bit of water. Not as much as I should have probably. I just didn't want to drink it!
You probably didn't need to know all of this!
Chuckle!

NOW I'M WONDERING...
what symbolic reference could these two attacks of swarming bees mean?

Answers:
1) I let irritating things bother me?
2) Irritations can cause serious problems?
3) Small issues can be serious when they come all at once?
4) I should have recognized the seriousness of the small "issues" and their potential problems right away?
5) What's your suggestion?