Friday, July 24, 2009

Little Critters... but they sure sting!


All the work I had been accomplishing came to a grinding halt.

Just because of a tiny little thing - about a inch long.

Previously I had washed carpets and presented some marketing strategies and website ideas to an employer and trained three horses and on and on...
I decided to weed whip and headed down to the river to clear the edge.
But after a few feet of clearing, unknown to me a hornet had grabbed on to my tight fitting yellow gloves and when I felt it I tried to brush it off but it seemed stuck on my glove finger.
I had to strip them off and shut off the weed whip - the heavy duty kind.
I lay it on the ground and ran up to the house - really concerned about the extent of the bee sting.
The pain was excruciating for such a tiny little hole!
I drank water - got ice for my finger - and thought it would get better.
NOT!
About an hour later I took a couple of Ibuprofen - just to do something.
Three hours later - I thought I felt good enough to feed the horses and end the day.

I walked out to the first shed and got the grain.
The stallion was acting like an exploding firecracker.
He tore into his shed with his buddy and they milled around.
What was going on?
Well, I was soon to find out.
I stepped over to open their gate and felt pin pricks on my ankle - which turned out more painful because I had stepped onto ground bees!
They were all over.
That's why the horses were going nuts in that area.

I got them settled into their individual sheds and fed the horses in the other pasture and then came back to the house to take care of the many bee stings on my ankle.

They weren't as bad as the first one.

But they just added insult to injury...it seemed.


.