Saturday, January 10, 2009

Those "dumb blond" jokes -

may not be just for blonds!



I enjoy some of the sweeter "dumb blond" jokes

I probably enjoy them because I have said some pretty dumb things myself.

The most recent was at the newspaper's Christmas party. I came in the door at the VFW club and found a table to sit at so I could warm up from the cold night outside. The lights were subdued and the decorations were festive and I knew the food would be delicious.

I went up to the bar to order a glass of wine and noticed a list of all the refreshments available.

So I could try something new.

One that caught my eye on the list was: "Mich golden light".

In my most sophisticated voice I said to the bartender, "I'd like a Michelin golden light beer".

Immediately my lightning-swift mind zapped me with the thought, Michelin is a tire, not a beer! (I think I also heard it say, "Stupid!")

Whoops!

I explained my mistake to the bartender and asked, what is the real name of that beer?

"Michelob!"

After laughing I decided that it could be that the roots of my hair are actually blond!

***

Computers are fascinating to me too.Our internet server was having problems with its e-mail service. None of it was getting through.
But my yahoo.com mail site was working so I asked them to forward my mail to my yahoo account. They had to figure it out but finally it worked.

I thought I was pretty smart getting my e-mail while other folks weren't.

Later that day, when my internet provider got their problems straightened out, I asked them to put my mail back on their site.

But I was talking to a different tech guy than the one who moved my mail originally. This one explained that they could NOT transfer my mail back because they wouldn't have transferred my mail in the first place!

I explained that they had done it earlier but he insisted they hadn’t.

I ended the discussion at this impasse.

I'm sure I could get it straightened out if I wanted to take the time. But it's been several months since then and I have found it rather convenient to get all my mail on one site… even if it's not possible!

(Maybe sometimes, white hair is close enough to being blond!)

.