Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Time for a party?

From my column, Along the way... in the Cannon Falls, MN Beacon


I think I'm going to have to give a party!

I have been spoiled by folks around here. They give nice parties. I get to see my friends there and I don't have to do all the work!

Sometimes, if I don't know most of the people attending, I can just sit back and enjoy watching all the goings on.
Although at one party, the hostess was intent on having everyone interact with each other. While I was munching on some snacks I noticed her heading my way. I told the quiet man sitting next to me to please pretend to be talking to me so the hostess would leave me alone. He agreed and after she buzzed off to take care of some other guests he went back to his original silence and we were fine.


Now the benefit of attending these parties is that I don't have to do the planning and fixing up the food and then wondering if anyone will come!

Another plus nowadays is that people keep insisting you don't even have to bring a present. They probably still want one, but if they do they shouldn't put that on the invitation they send to me!

I used to bring a present anyway – but now I find myself in a rush and have probably forgotten to pick out something for them. But I like making a special card with ribbons and things while I think of how nice they are.
(But then it seems that my computer/printer malfunctions and I have to make several copies just to get one that can be used. And I've had all sorts of other thoughts that can't be printed.)


Anyway... maybe I should think about giving a party. (Guilt, I suppose.)

Since I'm the self-appointed chair of a Minnesota Vikings Fan Club for Brian Robison, Defensive End #96, (an upcoming interview is planned), I could have a “game day party”.


Courtesy of the Minnesota Vikings
.
But which game? Some of them haven't been that much fun to watch!

Well, maybe I'll plan a party for when the Vikings are in the Super Bowl!
(This sounds like I'm really not serious about giving a party, right?)


But we're Vikings fans. We'll make it fun.

And all my closest friends...(you all) ... are invited!

Time and date to be announced ... of course!