Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This picture is outside one of the hospitals connected with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
Paul just had one side of his thyroid removed.
It was the size of a cantelope I'm told!
It was benign.

That's not a necklace Paul is wearing... but the tape covering the incision is translucent.
The tape will come off naturally in about a week.
.

As I was taking a picture of Paul... a man with his wife noticed and asked if I would like him to take a picture of the two of us? I didn't think it was necessary but as we talked I decided it would be fun.

I nearly asked him if I could trust him with my new camera but decided that was "tacky".
And I was so feeling so relieved and energized that Paul was coming home that I think I would have chased the stranger and tackled him if he tried getting away with my camera!

He probably thought we had come from a long distance like others do.
We don't live too far away but it's our first time at the world renowned Mayo Clinic.

Now Paul just has to recuperate.