Thursday, March 13, 2008

It used to be humiliating

when asked if you "lived in a barn"!


The show, Extreme Home Makeover, is sure fun to watch. Although I feel so sad for the folks receiving a new home and all the difficulties they have gone through.
Plus, I think I would like to have more influence in deciding what the house would look like than they do. (Could be a “control issue” here, huh?)

Also, many of the houses they built were so huge!
How could I ever pay the taxes?
What’s worse is that I would have to clean the whole thing!

Actually I’m kind of comfortable in the smaller one I’ve got now. And someday I may even replace the 30 year old carpets that are bulging and sagging.

But I’ve got to admit that the show I saw recently really had me tempted! You see, besides building a new house they were putting up a fancy new barn!
Yup, that interested me!
We just have sheds here for the animals and storing hay.

A few years ago, new neighbors started building their beautiful French Country style home. They invited me to see it going up. But when I got there, all I could do was feast my eyes on their beautiful horse barn! (I tried to be polite and look at the house too.)

Well, after watching this one episode of the show where they built such a beautiful barn, I found out that my son and his family up in the cities had been watching it too. When the barn was being built he said to his children, “Grandma would like to live in that!”
(I guess all kids know their parents pretty well!)

But you know, some of the barns nowadays are so fantastic that you really can’t put a person down if they “live in a barn”!


Want to have a roomate, Buddy?





.